Accomplished attorney and Certified Financial Planner™ with a strong background in estate planning, residential and commercial real estate, business planning, estate administration, civil litigation, criminal law, family law, insurance planning, business law and transactional law.
Experience • Handle estate planning for middle income to wealthy clients, including wills, revocable trusts, irrevocable trusts, powers of attorney, health care powers of attorney, living wills and family limited liability companies
• Handle real estate closings, residential and commercial
• Provide asset protection advice including trusts, business entities, insurance and annuities.
• Handle simple and complex business transactions
• Family law planning, including separation agreements and prenuptial agreements
• Provide planning advice for business startups, including shareholder agreements and insurance based buy-sell agreements
During the first seven years of his practice Mr. Hochuli concentrated in the following areas:
• Wrongful Death cases
• Handled civil cases including wrongful death actions
• Handled complex products liability litigation
• On average, managed over 75 cases in litigation
• Criminal cases, both in District and Superior Court
• Family law, including divorce, child custody and separation agreements
• Handled residential real estate transactionsSignificant case
Wake Forest University Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Cum laude 1980
Wake Forest University School of Law Juris Doctorate 1983
University of North Carolina at Wilmington Cameron School of Business Certified Financial Planner™Certification Program 2009-2010 Completed 225 contact hours of classroom instruction
Passed the July, 2010 CFP® examination.
Warren v. Columbo, 377 S.E.2d 249 (N.C. App. 1989). Successfully briefed and argued before the North Carolina Court of Appeals a case in which the North Carolina Appellate Courts first held that a manufacturer may be liable for enhanced injuries caused by negligent design and manufacture of a product. 1983-1990 1990-1998, 1998-20062006-2010, 2011-present